Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Our daily conversations

As usual, "amma can you read me a story?"
"No, I have work to do"
"Do it tomorrow"
"I have to go to the Store tomorrow"
"Is there so much work"
"Yes, that's what makes twistntales so beautiful. Do you want me to close it down?"
"No. But make less work"
"How?"
"Make it worse"
"????"
"So people will stop coming. So, you will have less work"
"But if people don't come, I'll have to close it down"
"NO !!!!!"

What i do realise is that for nan, her entire childhood memory is that of twistntales. It is her emotional sister. She calls tia, alisha and now jahnavi shop sisters ! She was 3 years old when i started twistntales. today, in a month's time, she will be 8 yrs old, and tnt will be 5. Are her chilhood memories pleasant ? I have lived with the guilt of abandoning her to creche, grandparents at times .. and though have spent a lot of time with her relative to other moms, but not enough according to my own standards. Are her childhood memories pleasant ?

I do not know. I suppose its only now when she starts reading and enjoying books, that twistntales will start growing on her. Currently it is more the extra attention she gets from the "shop sisters" thats getting her excited.

We (nan and me) saw "You've got mail" yesterday. I am wicked ! She is right. Am a "wicked witch".

Tia and Jahnavi have started working on our Harry Potter countdown ! It is nice to see them all excited !

No comments: