Sunday, January 6, 2008

For the Boss


When I create posts for tnt birthdays, I look for images that are symbolic of the person.


I've had a lot of fun thinking of people and what they remind me of, then looking for just the right image.

Janaki has always been tough to pin down.


I thought about her...driftwood, terrible jokes, passionate almost to a fault, balancing between intense holding on..and equally intense letting go, making motherhood her way of life, sturdy shoes, rasam...

I searched for images. I looked for 'woman', 'refuge', 'beauty'....nothing was quite..her.

So I chose this...







A little shadowy, mostly very clear lines. Touched by sunlight that doesn't penetrate completely.


No symbolic image could have captured this...

Happy Birthday Boss

1 comment:

janaki said...

T,
tks. Your gifts and ideas touched me too. This is a treasure chest that's going to stay with me forever.

When i look back at all these years of sustaining tnt, i do truly feel great about all of you nurturing and caring for it beyond belief. I feel truly lucky ! Love u guys :)