Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Maximum city minimised by non-liberals

At the outset, i am hurt deeply. I come from Bombay, not mumbai - sorry that place i dont know.

My Bombay is that of Johnny Walker singing "yeh bombay meri jaan"

Bombay has been systematically ruined. I read Black Friday when it was released. I was not in Bombay in 1993. I had moved out 2 years before. But i wept when i read the book. The blasts affected most of us directly. A classmate and a few colleagues at work. I was then at Bank of Oman, with its office in Air India building. Almost the entire Bombay branch wiped out. I was at the Head Office in Dubai.

This was Deja vu. I don't like half baked pseudo mumbaites posing as Bombayites. Bombay was truly a liberal, extremely professional most happening place to be. "Dhanda" was its motto. I miss Bombay. It still miss it when i visit Mumbai.

No comments: